- the evolution of one type of organism from another by a long series of gradual changes
- a distorted projection or perspective; especially an image distorted in such a way that it becomes visible only when viewed in a special manner
How To Use anamorphosis In A Sentence
- Results The pigment is proved to be hypocrellin A. The isolate was determined as the stable anamorphosis strain 0258 of S. bambusicola.
- Recognising the fluidity and occasional capriciousness of perception, Leonardo delighted in it, contriving not only rebuses or visual puns, but also optical illusions and even demonstrations of anamorphosis.
- The evolution of the humanity includes some contradictions, such as, anamorphosis and mutation, essence and appearance, evolution and alienation.
- Although his drawing surface is simply flat pavement, he uses a technique called anamorphosis to create the illusion of three dimensions when viewed from the correct angle. The Illusionists
- It is easy to read the death's head in The Ambassadors purely as an exercise in negation, particularly since the anamorphosis so unsettles one's sense of reality.
- Indeed, a Double Head of a Fool from a century later by Jacob van der Heyden shows that fools, too, could be subjects of anamorphosis.
- A torsion typical of anamorphosis twists the image, crumples it and alters it, attempting to introduce the eccentrical into the field of view.
- Starring Willem Dafoe and Scott Speedman, Anamorph is a psychological thriller based on the concept of anamorphosis, a painting technique that manipulates the laws of perspective to create two competing images on a single canvas. Worth Watching - April 8: Willem Dafoe's Anamorph Trailer « FirstShowing.net
- Moreover, he confined this evolution in the strictest possible way to each group; he did not believe that what was called anamorphosis -- the transition of a lower type into a higher type -- ever occurred. Thomas Henry Huxley; A Sketch Of His Life And Work
- This is why it is so important to acknowledge the inverted use of perspective in the structure of anamorphosis.