How To Use amyotrophy In A Sentence
- Neuralgic amyotrophy, also known as brachial plexus neuropathy, has an incidence of 1.64 per 100 000 people.
- Sensory neuropathies can be classified as distal symmetric polyneuropathy, focal neuropathy, and diabetic amyotrophy.
- The disorder is characterized clinically by amyotrophy and segmented sensory loss and pathologically by cavitation of central parts of the spinal canal that results in changes in direction and freedom of flow of cerebral spinal fluid.
- Wong V, Ip P (2004) Spinal muscular amyotrophy: Survival pattern and functional status. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Diabetic amyotrophy, also known as femoral neuropathy or proximal motor neuropathy, usually is bilateral and frequently is associated with weight loss.
- In addition, recent biopsy studies indicate that diabetic amyotrophy is due to microvasculitis in the lumbosacral plexus.
- Its characteristic manifestation is myasthenia of limited distal of limb, finger and wrist accompanied with distal amyotrophy, cold anaesthesia and fasciculation when finger or wrist extending.
- He was treated as an inpatient for three weeks, and after electromyography he was transferred to a specialist unit where he was found to have bilateral phrenic nerve palsies probably caused by neuralgic amyotrophy.