- a plaque consisting of tangles of amyloid protein in nervous tissue (a pathological mark of Alzheimer's disease)
How To Use amyloid plaque In A Sentence
- So compelling are these findings that Dr. Itzhaki has concluded, Our present data suggest that this virus is a major cause of amyloid plaques and hence probably a significant etiological factor in Alzheimer's disease. David Perlmutter, M.D.: Link Found Between Alzheimer's And Herpes
- The buildup of tangled proteins called amyloid plaques in brain tissue is a primary marker of Alzheimer's disease. Tricking the Eye to Keep From Heaping Plates
- Several lines of evidence previously implied that oxidative damage to lipid membranes could disrupt normal neuronal and glial cell functioning, leading to the formation of amyloid plaques and to neuronal cell death.
- At an Alzheimer's disease therapeutics conference this year, Dr. Beal presented his team's preliminary findings that cyclodextrin treatment in mice with Alzheimer's disease reduced amyloid plaques that are one of the hallmarks of the disease. Surprising New Uses for Older Drugs; HIV Vaccine?
- A hallmark of Alzheimer's is the buildup of clumps of proteins (amyloid plaques) in the brain.
- There is a build-up of amyloid plaques, true. Times, Sunday Times
- Anonymous said ... artanis, Alzheimer's is caused by a variety of physical complications, the least of which is protein aggregation (amyloid plaques). Break out the stem cells, already.