- inflammation of the intestines caused by Endamoeba histolytica; usually acquired by ingesting food or water contaminated with feces; characterized by severe diarrhea
How To Use amoebic dysentery In A Sentence
- Pay a visit to the camp infirmary, get your clothes deloused, or just park yourself in the latrine and fight that nasty case of amoebic dysentery you picked up along the way - it's up to you.
- Your amoebic dysentery correspondent is in bed, fully injected with emetine, having flown four hundred miles to Nairobi via Arusha from where the outfit is camped on the Serenea river on the far side of the Serengeti plain. Hemingway on Hunting
- But by now all three were malnourished and suffering from amoebic dysentery.
- amoebic dysentery
- The emetine injections prescribed for amoebic dysentery gradually brought the disease under control. Archive 2004-11-01
- By now you know the Tebow's story: Pam Tebow was doing missionary work in the Philippines in 1987 when she was pregnant with Tim and contracted an illness known as amoebic dysentery. SplicedFeed
- Instead, Entamoeba histolytica, the microorganism which causes amoebiasis ( "Amoebic Dysentery") is described as being a protozoa, with the other common categories of pathogenic microorganisms being viruses, bacteria, and the various flavors of worms. Different Frame of Reference
- Diseases such as cholera or amoebic dysentery would clear the gut of useful bacteria.
- Almost all Egyptian mummies contained parasites which caused amoebic dysentery and bilharzia, and mummies in the New World had whipworm and roundworm eggs.