[ US /ˈæmnioʊ/ ]
- (pregnancy) extraction by centesis of amniotic fluid from a pregnant woman (after the 15th week of pregnancy) to aid in the diagnosis of fetal abnormalities
How To Use amnio In A Sentence
- The excess amniotic fluid was then removed from the recipient twin sac, and antibiotics were placed into the uterine cavity to decrease the risk of infection. Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- After the egg has been fertilized by the male, the blastoderm, or primitive skin, forms, and subsequently two layers, or embryonal membranes, appear; the outer is called the amnion (Fig. 114, _am_), while the inner visceral membrane (_db_) partially wraps the rude form of the embryo in its folds. Our Common Insects A Popular Account of the Insects of Our Fields, Forests, Gardens and Houses
- He pierced her amniotic sac, making a therapeutic abortion necessary.
- Outside the amniotic ectoderm is a thin layer of mesoderm, which is continuous with that of the somatopleure and is connected by the body-stalk with the mesodermal lining of the chorion.
- Suspended in amniotic fluid, the fetus is also weightless.
- There were no differences between the two groups with respect to the foetal cardiotocographic test results, amniotic fluid volume estimation and umbilical artery pulsatility indices.
- SARAH PALIN, (R) ALASKA: When my amniocentesis results came back showing what they called abnormalities, oh, dear God, I knew I had instantly an understanding for that fleeting moment why someone would believe it could seem possible to change those circumstances, just make it all go away and get some normalcy back in life. CNN Transcript Apr 17, 2009
- A discrepancy between size and dates because of polyhydramnios in fetuses with giant neck masses is a common indication for ultrasonography, leading to prenatal diagnosis. Giant Neck Masses (GNM), Cervical Teratoma
- Under epidural anesthesia, a single 4-mm trocar sheath was placed into the amniotic sac of the recipient twin. Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- In the second pregnancy trimester abnormal amniotic fetal cells can be detected.