- hard smooth-textured cheese; originally made in Cheddar in southwestern England
How To Use American cheese In A Sentence
- In this case, it's got not one, but two charbroiled patties, topped with no less than four strips of crispy bacon, three slices of American cheese, and some mayonnaise - all on a buttered, toasted, sesame seed bun.
- If you simply crave cheese, the three-cheese melt of gruyere, fontina and goat cheese with roasted tomatoes $7.75 is tasty, or opt for the classic, American cheese on white bread, for $4.99. Childhood Favorites
- She lifted the white bread off of her sandwich and looked at the bologna and the slice of American cheese.
- Those who recall the agonies John faced when confronted with a single pyramid of leftover American cheese blocks after an Origins Awards reception may understand his shock and awe at the entire detritus of the convention left open to even badgeless wretches such as himself. Kenneth Hite's Journal
- You yourself admit that the American cheese masquerading as "feta" is not as good as Greek feta cheese, and that too speaks volumes. Recipe for Salmon "Kleftiko" (Σολομός Κλέφτικος) and Kleftiko: Its Modern Meaning
- Alternatively, the completed sandwich can be topped with the bright orange processed American cheese spread called Cheez Whiz.
- Processed American cheese can come out of refrigeration for short periods of time.
- Thinly sliced and covered in grilled onions and slices of American cheese, it was really tasty, making me wish I had just gone with a double steak & cheese. Magdy’s Philly Cheese Steak Cart | Midtown Lunch - Finding Lunch in the Food Wasteland of NYC's Midtown Manhattan
- My dish there was an omelet with American cheese and onions.
- Some savvy American cheesemakers have taken to offering small cheeses with Camembert-like bloomy white rinds, including the soil-scientists-cum-cheesemakers who run Prairie Fruits Farm in Illinois. Good Cheeses Come in Small Packages