- small arboreal tropical American insectivorous lizards with the ability to change skin color
How To Use American chameleon In A Sentence
- Among the saurian the iguanas can be pointed out, as well as the American chameleons and varanus.
- Turtles, crayfish, snails, fish, salamanders, American chameleons, newts, insects, bacteria, and algae all can be successfully raised in the River Tank, but questions remain as to which ones can coexist, and for how long, before being eaten by another inhabitant.
- The following are answers to several questions I have been asked recently about a common lizard of the Southeast, called green anoles by some people and American chameleons by others.
- We then started studying green anoles (otherwise known as American chameleons), the creatures that live in the grass that we planted.
- There are no native American chameleons, although there are many pet chameleons.
- The American chameleon, or anole, is not a true chameleon, but a small lizard of the iguana family, found in the SE United States and noted for its color changes.
- Contrary to popular belief, the American chameleon does not assume the color of its surroundings.
- Most North American lizards belong to this family, including the collared lizards, the utas, the swifts, the so-called horned toads, or horned lizards, and the American chameleon, or anole (not a true chameleon).
- In the pure-cone American chameleon retina, all visual opsins including rod opsin are expressed.
- This is a common characteristic between American chameleons and those of Europe and Africa.