How To Use amadavat In A Sentence
- This family includes the weaver-birds, famous for their wonderful hanging retort-shaped nests, and the munias, of which the amadavat or _lal_ is familiar to every resident of India as a cage bird. Birds of the Indian Hills
- In the branches of the papaw nestle amadavats, orioles, and brilliant palm-birds.
- The red munia, or amadavat, or _lal_ (_Estrelda amandava_) is, next to the paroquet, the bird most commonly caged in India. A Bird Calendar for Northern India
- Bonelli's eagle, the tawny eagle, the brown fish-owl, the rock horned-owl, the raven, the amadavat and the white-throated munia. A Bird Calendar for Northern India
- The nest of the amadavat is large for the size of the bird, being a loosely-woven cup, which is egg-shaped and has a hole at or near the narrow end. A Bird Calendar for Northern India
- The nest of this little bird is more loosely put together and more globular than that of the amadavat. A Bird Calendar for Northern India