[ UK /ˈælɪsəm/ ]
- any garden plant of the genus Alyssum having clusters of small yellow or white flowers
How To Use alyssum In A Sentence
- Anderson's wife, Ana, a garden designer, said that because container gardens dry out quickly, she prefers water-wise plants such as English broom, alyssum, sedum or thyme. How to soften the transition from sidewalk to front door
- Plant groupings along the way, screening and exposing views until you finally see the house and the entrance gardens, which could consist of boxwood, perennials or sweet alyssum edged with perennials and walkways between them. Fewer and fewer plants are truly deer-resistent
- The open space between the tower and the house is filled with flowers and scented with the alyssum that Robinson Jeffers
- Reserve some space for colorful annuals like zinnia, marigold, calendula, alyssum, and cosmos.
- It can be woven into a carpet using its many colours - white, lavender, mauve, indigo, apricot and pink - or a single colour may be selected to contrast or complement alyssum, dianthus and lobelia.
- White cyclamen, snapdragons, petunias and alyssum are cool-season annuals you can add now.
- LiyanaLand's flower is the sweet alyssum, which means 'worth beyond beauty'. Archive 2010-02-01
- Plant several poppies as your tall center flowers, then add colorful snapdragons or blue salvia, candytuft, pansies, and sweet alyssum or Dusty Miller to fill out your container.
- They take time to fill in, but shallow rooted annuals such as alyssum or impatiens can be seeded among them, reducing weeds and adding temporary color. How To Avoid Housework
- Spring flowering plants that grow well in baskets located in a sunny spot include alyssum, lobelia, pansies, primulas and bedding begonias.