- inflammation in the socket of a tooth; sometimes occurs after a tooth is extracted and a blood clot fails to form
- inflammation of the alveoli in the lungs caused by inhaling dust; with repeated exposure the condition may become chronic
How To Use alveolitis In A Sentence
- On oxygen 24-hours-a-day, the 54-year-old suffers from cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis.
- My medical knowledge was certainly notched up, and for a few brief weeks I managed to slip "cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis" into casual conversation. NYT > Home Page
- During the acute stage of disease, the histologic appearance consists of a combination of bronchiolitis and alveolitis with granuloma formation.
- Total RNA was prepared from purified T lymphocytes obtained from patients with sarcoid T-cell alveolitis or normal T cells or purified alveolar macrophages from patients with active sarcoidosis and control subjects.
- In contrast, fibrosing alveolitis is a disease that starts in the periphery of the lung.
- Although still in his mid-50s and in the prime of his productive professional life, fibrosing alveolitis had left him severely disabled.
- The authors concluded that inflammatory alveolitis might have been present in severely exposed subjects.
- • Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes Pharmaceutical • Production of drugs, herbal products Sewage and • Waste removal, treatment plants waste disposal Chronic bronchitis Chronic obstructive lung disease Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (extrinsic allergic alveolitis) Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- The primary types of respiratory toxicity are: pulmonary irritation asthma/bronchitis reactive airway disease emphysema allergic alveolitis fibrotic lung disease pneumoconiosis lung cancer Toxicity
- This second group was further subdivided into conditions that are part of a systemic disease or fibrosing alveolitis (defined as pulmonary disease only).