- the normal brainwave in the electroencephalogram of a person who is awake but relaxed; occurs with a frequency of 8-12 hertz
How To Use alpha wave In A Sentence
- McKenna had me look skyward to help release a burst of alpha waves, the ones that make you heighten your awareness.
- But you're picking up a whole range of different frequencies of electrical activity and people will be familiar with brainwaves, the idea of brainwaves - electrical waves or pulses if you like - alpha waves, beta waves.
- In specific parts of the right brain, it is alpha waves that fire up when jazz pianists are improvising. Times, Sunday Times
- This uses a small electrical current to produce alpha waves which stop my brain getting more pain signals than it should. The Sun
- On a monitor, one can see it throbbing with alpha waves up to eight seconds before an insight dawns. Times, Sunday Times