[ US /ˈæɫɝdʒi/ ]
[ UK /ˈælədʒi/ ]
[ UK /ˈælədʒi/ ]
- hypersensitivity reaction to a particular allergen; symptoms can vary greatly in intensity
How To Use allergy In A Sentence
- He had been given allergy medications, but only symptomatic relief was obtained.
- Hay fever is really an allergy to pollen and the peak time is early June.
- Stephen Kane is ex-Director of the Institute for Advanced Health Research, which pioneered new bioenergetic techniques for overcoming allergy-related illnesses and their associated chronic infections and environmental stresses.
- She cancelled a show in August due to illness then complained of a mosquito allergy. The Sun
- He is board certified in infectious diseases, allergy and immunology, and rheumatology.
- In some cases, allergy skin or blood tests are carried out, to work out what has caused the allergic reaction.
- Some components of the vegan and fruitarian diets are frequent causes of allergies, but allergy caused by pork or chicken meat is rarely if ever encountered.
- Chronic diseases such as rheumatism, arthritis, allergy and others are well known to be associated with inflammation.
- So we figured out he had a wheat allergy, not enough to be called a celiac, but enough so that the irresponsible doctor and/or his sanctimonious nurse who recommended wheat fiber pills ought to be taken out and whipped! Fisking Repovich and Peterson | The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.
- Clopidogrel should be used in patients with true intolerance to aspirin (allergy or intractable side effects on low dose enteric coated aspirin with or without antiulcer drugs); dipyridamole alone does not prevent cardiac events.