[ US /ˌæɫəˈɡeɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ˌælɪɡˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ˌælɪɡˈeɪʃən/ ]
(law) a formal accusation against somebody (often in a court of law)
an allegation of malpractice
- statements affirming or denying certain matters of fact that you are prepared to prove
How To Use allegation In A Sentence
- McCarthy remains dismissive of the allegations and defensive of the former sergeant, saying he was "brutalized" by his colleagues, in particular, by a few senior officers "exerting locker room peer pressure" in the department ranks. MPNnow Home RSS
- The poll was widely discredited after allegations of ballot rigging.
- Football has been rocked by allegations that up to eight top bosses have been caught up in a bung scandal. The Sun
- The consecutive statements, allegations, and counterallegations made in turn by plaintiff and defendant, or prosecutor and accused, in a legal proceeding.
- This guy was also what we call a sadistic pedophile, which is that sadistic pedophiles often use objects to penetrate children rather than using the penis or the fingers, and that ` s apparently, if the allegations are true, what he did with one little girl. CNN Transcript Apr 5, 2005
- At the moment, these are allegations and they remain unproven at this time.
- Iran has refused to discuss the allegations of weapons experiments for three years, saying they are based on "fabricated documents" provided by a "few arrogant countries," a term Iranian authorities often use to refer to the United States and its allies. NYT > Home Page
- In public, they had to speak of suspects, of allegations and beliefs and evidence, then wait for juries and judges to validate their work. EVERY SECRET THING
- You could always join the 9/11 conspiracy mill and churn out another book or website dedicated to the allegation that the “EVIL” George Bush, Dick Cheney – or THE shadowy “right wing caba” is behind the horror of 9/11. Think Progress » Bartlett On Cancelled Maliki Meeting: ‘It Was Going To Be More Of A Social Meeting Anyway’
- Of course, he has to comport himself differently than the rest of us do when somebody makes an allegation against him.