suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her side
all at once, he started shouting
How To Use all of a sudden In A Sentence
- All of a sudden St. Philip's ten bells start tanging - one oclock already - and at once the workshops and factories around the yard begin disgorging throngs of workers on their way to lunch
- Some of the German people were all of a sudden no longer Germans but Czechs or Poles.
- Then, all of a sudden rising from her chair, she went over to the jug of roses, which she had placed on the writing-table, bent over the flowers with a kind of perceptible hesitation. and as suddenly came back to her seat. Maurice Guest
- But she said: ‘I had gone to celebrate a friend's birthday and all of a sudden was drawn into some depraved sex show.’
- Reg is being very nice all of a sudden. What's his game?
- All of a sudden there was a terrific bang and a flash of smoke.
- I was sitting quietly reading when all of a sudden a stone came hurling through the window.
- They had some words, -- the officer and the sentry, -- he couldn't tell what, but the officer spoke excited like, and all of a sudden jumped away and started as though to run, and Number 6 "hollered" after him, though Reilly didn't clearly understand what was said. Ray's Daughter A Story of Manila
- Shed load All of a sudden it seems the birds have gone. Times, Sunday Times
- A musty aroma of hunter's stew filled her nostrils, and the sour smell of soggy, rotten straw was almost unbearable all of a sudden.