How To Use Alice Walker In A Sentence
- In the first chapter, the thesis briefly introduces Alice Walker and her major achievements.
- A caste system that novelist Alice Walker termed "colorism" has existed within the black community since slavery, stemming from the hierarchy established by slave masters for the light-skinned blacks who worked in the house and dark-skinned slaves who tended the fields. MultiCultClassics
- The Color Purple, by African-American author Alice Walker, emerged as an illustration of colourism among other issues. Thestar.com - Home Page
- Reuters – Acclaimed authors Alice Walker and Maxine Hong Kingston were among a group of 23 women arrested in front of the White House on Saturday as they protested against what they called a misguided march toward war, protest organizers said. Stageleft: life on the left side » Don’t disagree – you’ll go to jail
- Alice Walker's novel was a real revelation to me.
- Lindsay uses images and text to provide an image of Alice Walker, who originally coined the term womanism in her book In Search of Our Mother’s Gardens: Womanist Prose. New Stencil by KM Stitchery: This is What a Womanist Looks Like
- With different perspectives and approaches, the studies on Alice Walker and The Color Purple have mainly focused on womanism and racism; only a few are concerned with the novel's epistolary form.