[ US /ˈɑɫi/ ]
- the fourth caliph of Islam who is considered to be the first caliph by Shiites; he was a cousin and son-in-law of Muhammad; after his assassination Islam was divided into Shiite and Sunnite sects
- United States prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942)
How To Use Ali In A Sentence
- Their dried dung is found everywhere, and is in many places the only fuel afforded by the plains; their skulls, which last longer than any other part of the animal, are among the most familiar of objects to the plainsman; their bones are in many districts so plentiful that it has become a regular industry, followed by hundreds of men (christened "bone hunters" by the frontiersmen), to go out with wagons and collect them in great numbers for the sake of the phosphates they yield; and Bad Lands, plateaus, and prairies alike, are cut up in all directions by the deep ruts which were formerly buffalo trails. VIII. The Lordly Buffalo
- An imprimatur is not guarantee of theological soundness, in reality. Dr. Janet Smith replies to Dr. Schindler, defends Christopher West
- He specialized in moonlit and winter scenes, usually including a sheet of water and sometimes also involving the light of a fire, and he also painted sunsets and views at dawn or twilight.
- The poems, plays, and essays of the committed cultural nationalist are characterized by a markedly hortatory or didactic manner.
- This does not exclude the existence of pockets of the urban population with unrealized homosexual desires.
- Lovecraft dealt not with the supernatural but with the "supernormal," as Joshi puts it -- the unrealized side of material reality. The Lovecraft News Network
- But yes, good of Prof. Adler, who I hope will be a little chary of Althousian pseudoreality in future. The Volokh Conspiracy » Taking the Washington Post to School
- Leaked Reports Detail Iran's Aid for Iraqi Militias," blared the headline on afront page story inThe New York Times, which went on to report on several incidents recounted in WikiLeaks documents that journalist Michael Gordon called "the shadow war between the United States and Iraqi militias backed by Iran's Revolutionary Guards. Ali Gharib: What Did WikiLeaks Really Tell Us About Iran?
- The reconnaissance is conducted by teams from the reconnaissance company of the airborne brigade and the reconnaissance platoon of an IFV-equipped airborne battalion or by a designated platoon of an airborne battalion. FM 100-61 Chptr 9 Artillery Support
- We believe that it is okay to charge for healing based on the doctrine, ‘The workman is worthy of his hire.’