How To Use Alexander III In A Sentence
- The reign of Alexander III did a great deal to extend the power of the tsar at the expense of liberties taken for granted in Western Europe.
- In conclusion, the Lord Mayor expressed the wish that Alexander III. may become the "emancipator" of the Russian Jews, just as his father History of the Jews in Russia and Poland. Volume II From the death of Alexander I. until the death of Alexander III. (1825-1894)
- Some fifty years later, in 1249, we can observe the fusion of old and new in the inauguration rites of Alexander III at Scone.
- The 4th-century BC staters of Phillip II and Alexander III of Macedon provided the prototypes for coins in Europe which developed their own sequence based on the use of Celtic arts and local designs.
- Medieval canonists like Gratian, theologians like Peter Lombard, and later, Alexander III, subject marriage to much examination and scrutiny.
- In 1176 Pope Alexander III resolved the dispute by declaring the cities to be joint-sees and ordering the chapters to hold elections together.
- Abelard's new-Adoptionism was condemned, at least in its fundamental principles, by Alexander III, in a rescript dated 1177: The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 1: Aachen-Assize