How To Use aleph-null In A Sentence
- Both sets have a count or cardinality equal to the transfinite number א 0 - aleph-null. TierneyLab
- Meanwhile, Loki's Tricksters defeated the Anubis Crew "c" to aleph-null to advance to the semifinals of the Demonic Snowball Tournament in Hell. Anime Nano!
- This last designation he applied to whatever cardinal number comes next in order after aleph-null; its identity with C, the number of real numbers or "power of the continuum," is a famous conjecture of Cantor's, his "continuum hypothesis. An Infinity of Points
- As for the aleph-null and aleph-one: it was proven that the continuum hypothesis essentially whether the cardinality of real numbers is aleph-one or higher is undecidable in standard set theory, so whether you want to accept it or not, you won’t hit any contradictions. Intelligent Design explained: Part 2 random search - The Panda's Thumb
- He denoted the number of natural numbers by the transfinite number (pronounced aleph-nought or aleph-null).
- Martin Gardner, in his review of books by Eli Maor and Rudy Rucker [NYR, December 3, 1987], mistakenly says that "Cantor called the number that counts the real numbers (rational and irrational) aleph-one, or C," and that "Cantor believed that 2 raised to the power of aleph-null is the same as C. An Infinity of Points
- If aleph-null socks are lost in the laundry, how many pairs of socks does John have? The candidate's a dodger, a well-known dodger
- Um... without Jesus you only get the aleph-null Eternal Life tm? News from the House of Sticks -