- habitual intoxication; prolonged and excessive intake of alcoholic drinks leading to a breakdown in health and an addiction to alcohol such that abrupt deprivation leads to severe withdrawal symptoms
How To Use alcohol addiction In A Sentence
- It was she who sent him to rehab when his alcohol addiction got out of control. Times, Sunday Times
- Revealing the biological processes that can build and reinforce alcohol addiction will most certainly help to better target existing treatments and devise new ones to break alcohol's hold.
- While Lundberg's proposed legislation would have granted exceptions for physical abuse, drug and alcohol addictions, and long term incarceration of a spouse, there are many other situations which are just as qualified: a gay spouse, multiple infidelities, pornography or gambling addictions, sexual problems for which the spouse refuses to seek treatment, financial abuse, and even several rounds of couples counseling. Mandy Walker: Why Colorado's Government Should Back Off Divorcing Couples
- First and foremost, it portrays a man in love with the animals and the wilderness, who has escaped a life of depression and alcohol addiction through his ursine obsession.
- Her popularity saw a boost, and student drug and alcohol addiction — though by no means eradicated — decreased from one-third to one-fourth in the mid-80s.
- In that time over 5000 clients, mainly dealing with alcohol addiction, have passed through the doors of Aiseirí.
- Nobody with a mental health problem or in the grip of drug or alcohol addiction should be in prison. Times, Sunday Times
- Small studies have suggested that the opiate antagonist naltrexone is effective for treating alcohol addiction.
- There have been episodes of drug and alcohol addiction. Times, Sunday Times
- In 1997, 90 % of the calls were related to alcohol addiction, falling to 60 % last year.