[ US /æɫˈbjumən/ ]
- a simple water-soluble protein found in many animal tissues and liquids
How To Use albumin In A Sentence
- The solution obtained by dissolving the absorbent albuminoid in the buffer advantageously contains 6% by weight of this albuminoid.
- But dropsy was still poorly understood until Bright, who put it all together with diseased kidneys and albuminuria and distinguished dropsies of renal origin from other etiologies.
- Further filtration of the serum protein concentrate by using ion exchange following microfiltration separates out native proteins such as alpha lactalbumin and beta lactoglobulin.
- The study assesses the therapeutic effects of colostrum (the first milk secreted at the end of pregnancy - it has less albumin and lactoprotein in it than milk secreted later) on diarrhea.
- The globular proteins lysozyme, [alpha] lactalbumin, pepsin, and [beta] lactoglobulin in aqueous solution have been studied to determine the possible influence of secondary or tertiary structure on the low-frequency spectra.
- This is the same as the wheat gum and is called an albuminoid because it contains nitrogen and is like albumen, a substance like the white of an egg. The First Book of Farming
- Conclusion - Angiotensin I converting enzyme inhibition by enalapril effectively reduces microalbuminuria in normotensive diabetic patients whereas hydrochlorothiazide is not effective.
- Scientists at the Cleveland Clinic are working on a vaccine against the protein alpha-lactalbumin, which is only found in breast cancer cells and mammary cells of lactating women. Jezebel
- TPE also referred to as plasmapheresis is an extracorporeal blood purification technique to remove part of a patient's blood called plasma, while replacing it with another substance such as fresh frozen plasma or a solution containing albumin. NxStage® Receives FDA Clearance for Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE) Cartridge - Yahoo! Finance
- The normal anionic charge barrier prevents protein molecules such as albumin from passing through the endothelium.