deriving oxygen from the air
he studied respiration in marine air-breathing vertebrates
large air-breathing ichthyosaurs had hydrofoils
How To Use air-breathing In A Sentence
- The 90-metre-long craft's secret weapon is a hydrogen fuel-powered rocket engine called SABRE (Synergistic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine) and was designed by the company's managing director Alan Bond.
- There is no hard-and-fast divide between water-breathing and air-breathing animals.
- he studied respiration in marine air-breathing vertebrates
- Equally efficacious might be the modern definition of the same creature as a "terrestrial, air-breathing, gastropodous mollusk. Primitive Psycho-Therapy and Quackery
- Remarkably, four species of fish are found in the lower pools near Iherir: Tilapia zillii being the commonest, with Barbus biscarensis, B. ablabes and the air-breathing mudfish Clarias anguillaris. Tassili N'Ajjer National Park, Algeria
- Or you may take it the other way about, and start from the organisation of fishes; opercular bones are of no use to air-breathing animals, so they dwindle away, and are pressed into the service of the ear, although they are of little use in hearing (p. 46). Form and Function A Contribution to the History of Animal Morphology
- large air-breathing ichthyosaurs had hydrofoils
- The multi-year project, called X - 43C, will expand the hypersonic flight envelope for air-breathing engines.
- Aquatic creature, air-breathing, cold-blooded, fish-eating, huge body, long neck, small head — did you know the word plesiosaur means ‘next to a lizard’? The Boggart and The Monster
- Whales are mammals - warm-blooded, air-breathing creatures - but they spend their entire life in the ocean.