- defensive measures designed to destroy attacking enemy aircraft or missiles or to nullify their effectiveness
How To Use air defense In A Sentence
- Targets include surface-to-surface missile and multiple rocket launcher units; air defense systems; logistics elements; and command, control and communications complexes.
- In the case of air defense or offensive military equipment, waiting until friendly forces are engaged is too late to confirm disablement.
- Air defense weapon system is a complex system, it is characterized with synchronism and concurrency.
- The air defense (counterair) operation is a component of a strategic operation in a theater. FM 100-61 Chptr 10 Air Support
- Now they were heavily defended by well-handled air defense systems. FLASH POINT
- The active Army plans to have fewer artillerymen, air defense troops and ordnance soldiers, and will increase the number of military police, Special Forces, civil affairs and transportation and port operations soldiers.
- Of particular concern are increasingly lethal integrated air defense systems and mobile surface-to-surface missile systems.
- Air defense weapon system is a complex system, it is characterized with asynchronism and concurrency.
- Currently monitoring aircraft movements and tracking aircraft in the surrounding airspace, it should allow for better coordination of air defense activities.
- Thus air defense planners competed against fellow Army Air Forces officers in the struggle to obtain appropriations.