[ US /ˈeɪˌhæb/ ]
- according to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC)
How To Use Ahab In A Sentence
- Warner wrote from Egypt expressing sympathy for their unfurnished state of affairs, but added, "I would rather fit out three houses and fill them with furniture than to fit out one 'dahabiyeh'. Mark Twain, a Biography. Complete
- ALLAHABAD - As the country marked the first anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks, hundreds of people in Uttar Pradesh's Allahabad district turned up at the bank of the Ganga Thursday to witness the "hanging" of terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- This is an episode from the Mahabharatha and is based on a ritual in which Bhima kills Duryodhana represented as an image in clay.
- It was an impossible dream, like Védrine's dahabeeah ending in a punt on the Loire. The Immortal Or, One Of The "Forty." (L'immortel) - 1877
- Cahaba residents rented from the government until 1947, when the houses and duplexes were sold to individuals at prices ranging from $4,400 to $9,000 each.
- Ahab plotted a course which he hoped would take him to the whale.
- Leaving the cosmopolitan town of modern Cairo, the iron bridges, and the pretentious hotels, with their flaunting inscriptions, it imparts a sense of sudden peacefulness to pass along the large and rapid waters of this river, between the curtains of palm-trees on the banks, borne by a dahabiya where one is master and, if one likes, may be alone. Egypt (La Mort de Philae)
- May 10th, 2009 ALLAHABAD - A massive fire engulfed an optical fibre cable factory in Naini area of Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh on Sunday. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- As Gordon and his troops (200 Egyptian soldiers) sailed up the Nile in their _dahabeah_, the boat was often blocked by the tangled water weeds. The Story of General Gordon
- Four men, who formed a splinter group from the Klan, called the Cahaba Boys, were identified as complicit in the bombing . The Guardian World News