[ US /ˈeɪɡˌju/ ]
[ UK /ˈeɪɡjuː/ ]
[ UK /ˈeɪɡjuː/ ]
- a mark placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- successive stages of chills and fever that is a symptom of malaria
- a fit of shivering or shaking
How To Use ague In A Sentence
- Some of my remarks here are directed toward conventional scientists, who generally refrain from commenting critically on the wild ideas of a few of their colleagues because it is bad manners.
- Epsom showed a great deal of heart considering their lowly league position but there are days when courage counts for naught and this was one of them.
- The league was a little smaller, a little clubbier, and there was a lot more opportunity for one-on-one chats. Globe and Mail
- McCarthy remains dismissive of the allegations and defensive of the former sergeant, saying he was "brutalized" by his colleagues, in particular, by a few senior officers "exerting locker room peer pressure" in the department ranks. MPNnow Home RSS
- Can you tell me what the major league record is for most consecutive batters retired by a pitcher and who holds it?
- More particularly, in the hoodedness of her eyes, she reminded me of Malvina Schalkova, the Prague-born artist posthumously famous for the sketches and watercolors she made in Theresienstadt, and whose self-portrait, mirroring an infinity of sorrow, I first became familiar with when I visited Theresienstadt with Zoë. Kalooki Nights
- The League Against Cruel Sports issued a statement Wednesday calling on Ottawa to "take steps to end the immense cruelty to animals in events such as calf-roping, which is practised at rodeos including the Calgary Stampede. CTV BritishColumbiaHome
- Faceless, unqualified reviewers define our work, remove our colleagues from panels and routinely breach confidentiality.
- His colleagues listened politely to his harangue but ignored him. THE GUARDSMEN
- He is an honourable person respected and held in esteem by his colleagues.