- annual or perennial grasses cosmopolitan in northern hemisphere: bent grass (so named from `bent' meaning an area of unfenced grassland)
How To Use Agrostis In A Sentence
- Atriplex vestita, Sporobolus tenellus, and S. virginicus are also present as are the occasional patches of annuals such as Chloris virgata, Diplachne fusca, Dactyloctenium aegyptium, and Eragrostis porosa. Etosha Pan halophytics
- I have a few grass-envies on account of not being able to grow pink muhly grass and other tender ones, but I love my miscanthus, carex, calamagrostis and other sturdy species. Leaves Of Grass(es)* « Fairegarden
- Smaller scattered areas of Irano-Turanian psammophilous vegetation, with Haloxylon persicum and Stipagrostis pennata (Zohary, 1973), are also included. Central Persian desert basins
- The Karl Foerster calamagrostis had lots of green new blades, even the blood grass was showing new growth, it is a bit early for that I think. Muhly Grass-See You In September* « Fairegarden
- This is a winter shot of my Karl Foerster grass, calamagrostis acutiflora ‘Karl Foerster’. Rosemary « Fairegarden
- On the sands of the Ténéré, there is almost no vegetation except for a few ephemeral annuals growing in response to scattered showers, mainly Tribulus longipetalus, Cyperus conglomeratus and Stipagrostis acutiflora. Aïr and Ténéré Natural Reserves, Niger
- Increased cattle herds cause overgrazing, which changes the composition of natural vegetation, particularly by the replacement of sweet grasses such as Chloris gayana, Cynodon dactylon, Eragrostis pilosa, and Urochloa trichopu by less palatable species such as Aristida congesta. Kalahari Acacia-Baikiaea woodlands
- Seasonal dynamics of aboveground biomass DW/FW and of biomass allocation in modules of Calamagrostis angustifolia, a typical wetland plant in the Sanjiang Plain, were studied in a field investigation.
- Delineated by White's regs, hamadas and wadis vegetation type, the northern border of the ecoregion lies several hundred kilometers (km) north of the 100 mm rainfall isohyet, which is the northern limit of summer grassland pasture composed of the grasses Eragrostis, Aristida, and Stipagrostis spp. with the herbs Tribulus, Heliotropium, and Pulicharia. South Saharan steppe and woodlands
- These physiological measurements showed that thermal Agrostis scabra species had superior tolerance to elevated soil temperatures.