[ US /əˈɡɹiəbəɫ/ ]
[ UK /ɐɡɹˈiːəbəl/ ]
[ UK /ɐɡɹˈiːəbəl/ ]
conforming to your own liking or feelings or nature
an agreeable manner
Is the plan agreeable to you?
he's an agreeable fellow
My idea of an agreeable person...is a person who agrees with me
prepared to agree or consent
agreeable to the plan
salaries agreeable with current trends
expressed views concordant with his background
plans conformable with your wishes
How To Use agreeable In A Sentence
- The best wine vinegar may be made from either white or red wine, the latter having an agreeable mellow taste.
- Unlike the phrenologists of the 19th century, DeYoung's team doesn't presume to know whether differences in the size of a brain region give rise to unique personality characteristics, or whether our personality differences cause our brains to develop in unique ways - say, that when we practice random acts of kindness, our "agreeableness" center grows larger, or that a lifetime of social isolation might cause a region associated with The Columbian stories: Columns
- Blomquist also considered the possibility that the driver finds use of the seat belt disagreeable.
- He switched on the lamp on his writing desk to provide his room with the most agreeable cast of light.
- It was more a thing of his head than his heart, revealing itself mainly in short, acrid speeches, meant to be clever, and indubitably disagreeable. Mary Marston
- Everybody shouts it, mule-driver, "coachee," or cattle-driver; and even I, a passenger, fancied I could do it to disagreeable perfection after a time. The Complete Project Gutenberg Writings of Charles Dudley Warner
- What a charming possession of himself, that he could be in such a brangle, as I may call it, and which might have had fatal consequences; yet be so wholly, and so soon, divested of the subject; and so infinitely agreeable upon half a score others, as they offered from one or other as we sat at tea! Sir Charles Grandison
- One day should be spent visiting some of the key vineyards, so I took advantage of the Discovery Pass and idled away two agreeable afternoons visiting Margaux and St Emilion.
- Teenagers don't seem to understand that they don't have to actively misbehave to be disagreeable to older people.
- That the islands are still an agreeable place to live is not in doubt, despite US claims that resettlement is unfeasible.