[ UK /ɐɡɹˈiː/ ]
[ US /əˈɡɹi/ ]
[ US /əˈɡɹi/ ]
be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
The handwriting checks with the signature on the check
The two stories don't agree in many details
The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun
consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something
He agreed to leave her alone
She agreed to all my conditions
The colors don't harmonize
Their ideas concorded
achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose
No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman
be agreeable or suitable
White wine doesn't agree with me
be in accord; be in agreement
We agreed on the terms of the settlement
I hold with those who say life is sacred
I can't agree with you!
Both philosophers concord on this point
show grammatical agreement
Subjects and verbs must always agree in English
How To Use agree In A Sentence
- This proposed procurement is a continuation of an existing contractual agreement for the developed prototype NASA Student Ambassadors Virtual Community (NSAVC) web site. ... Curious Virtual Community Procurement - NASA Watch
- There is a great deal of feeling and perhaps some bitterness, but do you not all agree with me that it is quite possible, since there is a fashion of armament in Europe, and since there has been no withdrawal on the part of the Admiralty from the stand taken by the First Lord some months ago, to have the entire Canadian people approach this situation in a calm and in an impartial manner? Canada and the Empire
- The one who liked the girls a bit too much. peteyboosh I agree with Pat: composting (Ray should not compost old cheese and tortillas), social cropdusting requires attention at Ediible Geography. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- Although I agree the procrastinatory tactic sounds a little off. Wolverine Trailer Attached to The Day The Earth Stood Still | /Film
- The couples agreed on a discreet slate-tiled mansard roof extension that gave each house an additional 30sq m of floor space. Times, Sunday Times
- It would seem that efforts to train stalkers to high standards have been successful, and I would agree with that conclusion.
- Under the agreement the Vietnamese can opt out at any time.
- He hadn't got quite enough money, but his aunt agreed to make up the difference.
- And this also involves, crucially, the identification of areas where there are disagreements between agencies over objectives or methods.
- He made the declarations while responding to reporters' questions on the bilateral debt forgiveness agreement during yesterday's post-Cabinet news conference at Whitehall.