[ US /ˈeɪdʒd, ˈeɪdʒɪd/ ]
having attained a specific age; (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)
ten years of age
- (used of tobacco) aging as a preservative process (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)
of wines, fruit, cheeses; having reached a desired or final condition; (`aged' pronounced as one syllable)
mature well-aged cheeses
at an advanced stage of erosion (pronounced as one syllable)
advanced in years; (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables)
elderly residents could remember the construction of the first skyscraper
aged members of the society
people who are old collectively
special arrangements were available for the aged
How To Use aged In A Sentence
- Ask for an aged standing rib roast from the forequarter, trimmed and chined; bring to room temperature before roasting.
- We had engaged a very nice mare and stanhope, which we knew we could depend upon, when, the day before the race, the chestnut was declared lame, and not a presentable four-legged animal was to be hired in Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, Volume 59, No. 363, January, 1846
- Come to think of it, it should read "sententia" but you managed to misspell in Latin the word you misspelled in English. When Latin Tattoos Go Wrong
- Though serfs were freed in 1864, they remained poor sharecroppers and staged a massive peasant uprising in 1907.
- Often the parent feels helpless and very discouraged and may also give up on the child which reinforces the child's feelings of inadequacy and may cause the child to retreat or regress further.
- For Brown, visiting Gill at South Fork is a six-hour schlep that he's managed only three times.
- They estimate the cost of repairing the damaged roads at ￡1 million.
- Rules exist to be violated, so that the ‘bastard’ may be more violently characterized and the audience engaged in revengeful fury.
- Kahil was one of her men, yet he managed to insinuate himself into Fadawah's trust. SHARDS OF A BROKEN CROWN
- Chile's top constitutional court blocked a government bid to promote the free distribution of the morning-after pill to minors aged 14 and over, dealing a new setback to President Michelle Bachelet.