- a toxic mixture of gases (including carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide and nitrogen) after an explosion of firedamp in a mine
How To Use afterdamp In A Sentence
- As they had been almost completely destroyed it was impossible to enter owing to the afterdamp which prevailed.
- The afterdamp and smoke passed directly to the airshaft from the split of the ventilating current in the section.
- They had managed to soak their shirts in water and breath through them to filter out the afterdamp.
- The ‘afterdamp’ occurring in such situations is a mixture of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.
- These men had survived the force of the explosion, but had succumbed to the effects of the afterdamp.
- They tried to get outbye via the return airway but hastily retreated due to the heat and afterdamp. Whitehaven News headlines