- an ancient coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos) where the Aeolians founded several cities around 1100 BC
How To Use Aeolia In A Sentence
- The term also acknowledges the predominant aeolian dune component of the coastal barriers.
- To open the concert, William Neil gave a powerful account of J.S. Bach's "Fantasia" and Fugue in G Minor, BWV 542, on the church's magnificent Aeolian-Skinner organ. From City Choir of Washington, triumph out of tragedy
- If you click on the link to see the whole image which I recommend you'll see much more of that gray material -- I just pulled out the part of the image that has aeolian features in it. SETI Institute: Life at the SETI Institute: Lori Fenton -- Sand Seas of the Solar System
- Why should I recall the fleets burned on the coast of Eryx? why the king of storms, and the raging winds roused from Aeolia, or Iris driven down the clouds? The Aeneid of Virgil
- Other processes that are, however, important on local scales include aeolian, lacustrine, and pedogenic processes.
- This paper shows the advantages of combining geophysical and geochronological techniques to investigate the age, migration and accumulation of aeolian sand.
- When reading the production of another, the tones of his voice became a merit-thermometer, a sort of Aeolian-harp-test; in the flat parts his voice was unimpassioned, but if the gust of genius swept over the wires, his tones rose in intensity, till his own energy of feeling and expression kindled in others a sympathetic impulse, which the dull were forced to feel, whilst his animated recitations threw fresh meaning into the minds of the more discerning. Reminiscences of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and Robert Southey
- Short-term effects of aeolian sand and dust, Yamal Region, northwest Siberia, Russia. Climate change impacts on the Yamal Nenets of northwest Siberia
- Stromboli in the Aeolian Islands, the peak of Teneriffe, like a lighthouse, would serve to guide the mariner in a circuit of more than 260 leagues. Personal Narrative of Travels to the Equinoctial Regions of America, During the Year 1799-1804 — Volume 1
- The total area of the Aeolian Islands is 1,216 hectares (ha). Aeolian Islands, Italy