[ US /ˈædvɝˌtaɪz/ ]
[ UK /ˈædvətˌaɪz/ ]
[ UK /ˈædvətˌaɪz/ ]
make publicity for; try to sell (a product)
The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model
The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops
call attention to
Please don't advertise the fact that he has AIDS
How To Use advertise In A Sentence
- She was a slim blonde girl in her twenties who might have stepped out of a fashion advertisement in a women's magazine.
- Advertisers pretending to be private individuals will be liable to prosecution.
- NSW Architecture Awards Announced: Gorgeous Oz-chitecture Balgowlah House by Reg Lark – Inhabitat about mission submit a story shop advertise with us support us press contact sign up NSW Architecture Awards Announced: Gorgeous Oz-chitecture Balgowlah House by Reg Lark – Inhabitat
- If a man is a fool, the best thing to do is to encourage him to advertise the fact by speaking. - Woodrow Wilson
- Instead of the mascara the label advertised, the bottle was filled with micros she’d never before used. DIAMOND DUST by David Walton | Fiction | Futurismic
- Your advertisers saw your terrific ratings that spanned across the board -- your demo being virtually every demo -- so they hawked everything from Viagra to gaming and condoms to candy bars during your time slot; those ratings were due partly to the Sci-Fi Channel's smartly treating you like its golden child, not emaciating your following by constantly changing your air time (did someone say, "Fascape"?). Mike Ragogna: OMG! No More BSG!
- The velarium, or awning, is advertised in all the inscriptions yet found which give notice of public games. Museum of Antiquity A Description of Ancient Life
- They were mantled with black and blue marks that advertised the weight and number of blows so shielded from his head and face. THE TEARS OF AH KIM
- Recent innovations include plasma screens, interactive terminals and systems allowing advertisements to be displayed on a precise day at a precise time. TOP MARKETING AND MEDIA COMPANIES IN THE UK
- Leo and his friends also took the spinthariscope to an out-of-town astronomers convention and advertised that they had developed an optical system that could penetrate clouds.