[ US /ˈæˌdɹɛs, əˈdɹɛs/ ]
the act of delivering a formal spoken communication to an audience
he listened to an address on minor Roman poets
- the stance assumed by a golfer in preparation for hitting a golf ball
- (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
- social skill
- the place where a person or organization can be found or communicated with
- a sign in front of a house or business carrying the conventional form by which its location is described
the manner of speaking to another individual
he failed in his manner of address to the captain
- written directions for finding some location; written on letters or packages that are to be delivered to that location
- address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
- adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
The course covered all of Western Civilization
This book deals with incest
The new book treats the history of China
- direct a question at someone
- access or locate by address
give a speech to
The chairman addressed the board of trustees
greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name
He always addresses me with `Sir'
She calls him by first name
Call me Mister
- speak to someone
He addressed the crowd outside the window
- put an address on (an envelope)
How To Use address In A Sentence
- I'll forward any mail to your new address.
- I blame it all on becca who called me in the middle of the night to talk to me all about how the two best friends names are Kate and Becca and that the main character lives in apartment 601 as my address and other kooky details that i have been trying to forget nightly since i saw that movie, And then every sound is that kid coming out of the television and im only writing about it now in order to expunge as i fear she will grab hold of my foot from under the desk and eat me or turn me into something decomposing or whatever it is she does. i-claudius Diary Entry
- Somehow, they gathered themselves to beat Limerick in the first round of the qualifiers but the core discontent hadn't been addressed.
- A professional wedding and event planner like me is prepared to address all of these concerns and more.
- That said, the advisability of perching a laurel crown on a horse-riding hat, which tended to happen after the equestrianism events, may have to be addressed.
- Thursday, the president addresses the Israeli Knesset, followed by a reception in honor of Israel's 60-year anniversary.
- Is the thrill of washing his socks so great that you have to pay council tax from the same address? The Sun
- God answers our prayers because by addressing them to Him we acknowledge His Lordship and power.
- The most important thing is to consider television and radio broadcast needs and any other issues that address coverage of the debate.
- I finally managed to prise his new address out of her.