- (law) compensation for losses that can readily be proven to have occurred and for which the injured party has the right to be compensated
How To Use actual damages In A Sentence
- The penalty for each unsolicited fax is the greater of $500 or your actual damages.
- There should be four elements in the liability of punitive damages, deliberation, illegal acts, actual damages, and cause-effect-relation.
- Armed with the threat of $150,000 in statutory damages per illegal download (a $1. 5M judgment in a small, 10-song case, where the actual damages are about $10, the price of 10 songs on iTunes), the recording industry has obtained more than $100M in settlements from individuals like Brittany. RIAA faces big trouble with new Thomas trial
- Assistant U.S. Solicitor General Eric Feigin countered that, based on the context and history of the legislation, the phrase "actual damages" covers only out-of-pocket expenses. USATODAY.com News
- Is this evidence legally and factually sufficient to support the trial court's finding of $1825 actual damages based on the value of the two dogs?
- In some jurisdictions, statutes restrict recoveries to actual damages in the event of a prompt and full retraction.
- Approximate actual damages when there was a plausible fair use or other defense. 2-3x actual damages/profits when reclkless or intentional or some other reprehensibility. 10x if highly willful. Archive 2009-09-01