[ UK /ˈæktɐ/ ]
[ US /ˈæktɝ/ ]
[ US /ˈæktɝ/ ]
a person who acts and gets things done
when you want something done get a doer
he's a principal actor in this affair
he's a miracle worker
- a theatrical performer
How To Use actor In A Sentence
- What we do not know are the precise weighting of factors that go into why prices increase at any particular time.
- Someone who really wanted to stop unsanctioned immigration would begin here, by busting the small contractors who employ these workers on a contingent basis.
- We're currently shrinking the size of technology by a factor of 5.6 per linear dimension per decade, so it is conservative to say that this scenario will be feasible in a few decades.
- All actors have a little free time now and again. Times, Sunday Times
- The authors of the second paper admit that â€œother variables … influence the binding avidity (preference), such as type of SA (sialic acid of the receptor site) and glycosylation and sialylation of the hemagglutinin close to the receptor binding site. â€ These factors all vary obviously and there are other variables in the equation as well including the status of specific areas of the immune system. Think Progress » An Inconvenient Truth and An Intolerable Summer
- I didn't know my success was going to be so big and that I would become 'the subtractor', always subtracting six years. Life and style | guardian.co.uk
- The altitudinal distribution of Earth-surface processes is controlled by all these factors.
- All of a sudden St. Philip's ten bells start tanging - one oclock already - and at once the workshops and factories around the yard begin disgorging throngs of workers on their way to lunch
- A private benefactor endowed the new Chair of Japanese Literature.
- But Labour's focus on abolishing child poverty is not, as he (deliberately) patronisingly claims, for the "aah" factor. Labourhome