[ US /ˈæktəˌveɪtɝ/ ]
[ UK /ˈæktɪvˌeɪtɐ/ ]
[ UK /ˈæktɪvˌeɪtɐ/ ]
- (biology) any agency bringing about activation; a molecule that increases the activity of an enzyme or a protein that increases the production of a gene product in DNA transcription
How To Use activator In A Sentence
- The systematic review included information on three different thrombolytic agents: streptokinase, urokinase, and recombinant tissue plasminogen activator, but direct comparison of different thrombolytic drugs was not possible.
- A weaker fluoride chemical activation is needed to form the film on the surface, whereas using the higher-concentration activator produced poor adhesion.
- The latter participate in numerous morphogenetic and physiological events, including hematopoiesis, through synergistic interactions with other transcriptional activators.
- Most represent degradative enzyme deficiencies, but some of the genes encode transport, stabilizer, or activator proteins.
- Tissue plasminogen activator and, to a lesser degree, urokinase are serine proteases which convert plasminogen to plasmin.
- The maternal control of the dorsoventral pattern is achieved by only one group of genes that establish a nuclear localization gradient, with its maximum at the ventral side, of a transcription factor that functions both as a repressor of dorsally expressed genes and an activator of ventrally expressed genes (17), (19). Nobel Lecture The Identification Of Genes Controlling Development In Flies And Fishes
- If you do not understand the coeffcients of nuclear (solar and galactic)radiation as an energy inputand its qualitative energy budget or the biochemistry of say refrigerant bacteria such as phylum Pseudomonas the activators and inhibitors of chemical thermodynamics and thermodiffusion state it in your discourse,ie provide a risk matrix of the levels of understanding of unquantified variables and the correlation of accuracy (proof) of the gcm. Some Ice Cores in NAS – Antarctic « Climate Audit
- The experimental pre-clinical treatment involved putting a naturally occurring substance called plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) into the brains of newborn rats, said Chia-Yi Kuan, M.D. PhysOrg.com - latest science and technology news stories
- The production of a co-zymase with a high activity has also shown in a brilliant manner the character of that enzyme as a specific activator. Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1929 - Presentation Speech
- You can also add activators such as garden soil, finished compost, bone meal and blood meal to stimulate the action.