the energy that an atomic system must acquire before a process (such as an emission or reaction) can occur
catalysts are said to reduce the energy of activation during the transition phase of a reaction
How To Use activation energy In A Sentence
- The frequency shifts show an electron movement toward -phosphate, which probably contributes to catalysis by reducing the free activation energy.
- Even if a reaction is exergonic (energy-releasing), it may not proceed if its activation energy is too high.
- The energy that is required to activate molecules for a chemical reaction is the activation energy of the reaction.
- This article mainly introduces the original meaning of Svante, Arrhenius'Activation Energy.
- The activation energy is greater and the rate of the reaction is correspondingly less for the deuterated compounds.
- This value is higher than the activation energy of electrolyte conductivity, but comparable to that of other ion channels.
- In order to obtain a more accurate activation energy, we give a method to eliminate the influence of the accessional conductance and testify its feasibility by theory simulation.
- Kolpak and Grossman managed to find the right balance between ΔH and activation energy when they examined computational models of azobenzene (azo) bound to carbon nanotubes (CNT) in azo/CNT nanostructures. Wired Top Stories
- When the enzyme catalase is added to the hydrogen peroxide solution, the activation energy is lowered even further to 4 kJ / mol.
- Enzymes increase the rate of a specific chemical reaction by lowering the activation energy needed for the reaction to proceed.