- an instrument for measuring the intensity of electromagnetic radiation (usually by the photochemical effect)
How To Use actinometer In A Sentence
- Porrino et al using an instrument designed at the NIMH called the actinometer found that a 15 mg dose of DAS would produce a decrease in hyperactive motor behavior for 8 hours.
- Second, to measure the number of moles of photons or einsteins absorbed by the actinometer, a calibrated system must be used, which can be either another actinometric solution or a calibrated radiometer, photocell or photodiode.
- Spherical and tubular actinometers containing iodide/iodate solution were suspended from the ceiling at the positions indicated in Fig.1.
- Chemical actinometry using the potassium ferrioxalate actinometer gave an incident intensity 10 of about 2.8 X 10 + 16 quanta-s 1.
- The ferrioxalate actinometer is a photon counter and is sensitive to wavelengths less than 450 nm.
- After the monochromator the light was reimaged onto the actinometer and a silicon photodiode, located behind the cuvette, by a normal-incidence spherical mirror as indicated in Fig.1.