- squash plant bearing small acorn-shaped fruits having yellow flesh and dark green or yellow rind with longitudinal ridges
- small dark green or yellow ribbed squash with yellow to orange flesh
How To Use acorn squash In A Sentence
- By way of accompaniment, we roasted acorn squash and red peppers, sautéed red onions, and made a big salad of farmers' market lettuces and shaved fennel.
- Plant Nomenclature • Family Cucurbitaceae - Genus Cucurbita • species pepo - summer squash, pumpkin, acorn squash maxima - hubbard, buttercup, kabocha moschata - butternut, Long Island Cheese mixta - variety or cultivar Zephyr, Howden, Tiptop Blue Ballet, bonbon Waltham butternut Green striped cushaw - Also in the Cucurbitaceae family: Cucumis melo Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- Flavors from another Portuguese colony, Goa, made an appearance in the next to last course: Goan lamb shank served with curried acorn squash puree, curried Israeli couscous and drizzled with a coconut foam. Jeanine Barone: Portuguese Kitchen Fun in Westchester
- This delicious strudel recipe features acorn squash chunks and Asiago cheese wrapped in flaky pastry -great for a quick family dinner.
- It is accompanied by acorn squash, a hearty stuffing of freshly made herbed bread, and a make-ahead mashed potato casserole.