- an abnormal deficiency or absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice; often associated with severe anemias and cancer of the stomach
How To Use achlorhydria In A Sentence
- There has also been an increased incidence of atrophic gastritis and achlorhydria in patients with gluten sensitivity.
- Malabsorption may be caused by delayed gastric emptying, prior or concurrent injury, achlorhydria, and reduced gastric mucin secretion.
- The price omeprazole concentration of achlorhydria in armodafinil milk was less than 7% of the cholestasis serum concentration. Wii-volution
- Stomach: Age related atrophy of mucosa causing achlorhydria. Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- Certain groups should avoid large, chronic doses, including children and individuals with achlorhydria, adrenal insufficiency, asthma, cancer, diabetes, lupus erythrematosus, or scleroderma.
- Despite physiologic changes of the GI tract, such as decreased gut motility, achlorhydria, decreased muscle mass and lessened blood flow,10 there is little to no evidence that the elderly have altered absorption of drugs given by mouth. 7,12 Elderly
- Anyone without achlorhydria secretes hydrogen ions from gastric mucosa whether fed orally, by a nasogastric tube, or parenterally.
- Furthermore, the almost constant occurrence of achlorhydria in pernicious anemia, which appears usually long before the anemia and remains in spite of liver therapy, led me to wonder if this disorder of the digestive system had something to do with the condition which might be in the nature of a dietary deficiency disease. George R. Minot - Nobel Lecture
- The absence of acid is called achlorhydria, but many people have this condition without ill effects.