- the cup-shaped hollow in the hipbone into which the head of the femur fits to form a ball-and-socket joint
How To Use acetabulum In A Sentence
- The acetabulum is a hemispherical socket formed in the os coxae of a newborn.
- The extension of the outer connective tissue capsule that encloses the infundibulum is thinner than the portion covering the acetabulum.
- The cuticle is shed from the infundibulum and the acetabulum simultaneously as a single unit.
- In this operation both the head of the femur and the acetabulum are replaced (total hip arthroplasty).
- The acetabulum contains the socket portion of the hip joint and must be reshaped to restore its original center.
- The acetabular branch arises opposite the acetabular notch and enters the hip-joint beneath the transverse ligament in company with an articular branch from the obturator artery; it supplies the fat in the bottom of the acetabulum, and is continued along the round ligament to the head of the femur. VI. The Arteries. 6. The Arteries of the Lower Extremity
- There are moderate depressions in the lateral surfaces of the ilia posterior and dorsal to the acetabulum.
- Objective: Discussion acetabulum double strut compound fracture clinical characteristic and surgery method.
- Bone loss can occur around both the acetabulum and femur.
- The pelvic component of the hip joint is called the acetabulum, which has contributions from the ischium, ilium and pubis.