[ US /əkˈjumjəˌɫeɪt/ ]
[ UK /ɐkjˈuːmjʊlˌeɪt/ ]
[ UK /ɐkjˈuːmjʊlˌeɪt/ ]
collect or gather
The work keeps piling up
Journals are accumulating in my office
get or gather together
I am accumulating evidence for the man's unfaithfulness to his wife
She rolled up a small fortune
She is amassing a lot of data for her thesis
How To Use accumulate In A Sentence
- According to the EPA, fish at the top of the aquatic food chain bioaccumulate methylmercury to a level approximately 1 million to 10 million times greater than dissolved concentrations found in surrounding waters. Field and Stream Report: The Truth about Mercury and the Fish You Eat
- The B horizon, commonly referred to as subsoil, accumulates material washed out of the A horizon, such as clay, salts, and iron. 5. How plants live and grow
- The investigation revealed that it was likely that the airplane gradually accumulated a thin, rough glaze/mixed ice coverage on the leading edge deicing boot surfaces, possibly with ice ridge formation on the leading edge upper surface, as the airplane descended from 7000 feet mean sea level (msl) to 4000 feet msl in icing conditions, which may have been imperceptible to the pilots. WN.com - Business News
- After light's term, a term of cecity: the best hope for the future, that light will return and banish the follies, sophistries, delusions, which have accumulated in the darkness. Matthew Arnold
- First the carbon dioxide is filtered and allowed to accumulate in a container.
- The fact that other reports of excess heat do not produce these hydrides and can evolve over days or weeks suggests the opposite condition of starvation where oscillation is delayed and slow but still occurs over time as the atomic gas slowly accumulates the velocities needed to exchange time dilation for energy. Will 2010 be the Year of Zero Point Energy?
- Toxins accumulate faster, and viruses and bacteria grow more quickly, in a body that is not adequately warmed.
- It is unjust that a privileged few should continue to accumulate wealth.
- Irgm1 accumulated around the latex beads phagosomes (seen as refringent spheres) while the loss of the nucleotide-binding site completely abolished the phagosomal accumulation. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- You may also be given a drain, to remove any blood and fluid that accumulates around the wound.