in a manner difficult to understand
the professor's abstrusely reasoned theories were wasted on his students
How To Use abstrusely In A Sentence
- Seyyed Nasr rightly but abstrusely laments science's inability to fit consciousness into nature.
- Hippocrates had once abstrusely opined that cancer was “best left untreated, since patients live longer that way.” The Emperor of All Maladies
- Mary Virginia often talked as the alchemists used to write -- cryptically, abstrusely, as if to hide the golden truth from all but the initiate. Slippy McGee, Sometimes Known as the Butterfly Man
- Tablet which, however misconstrued at first as an exposition of the science of divination, was later recognized to have unravelled, on the one hand, the mystery of the Musta_gh_á_th_, and to have abstrusely alluded, on the other, to the nineteen years which must needs elapse between the God Passes By
- Or, more appropriately, though rather more abstrusely, could she have been thinking of Rumour in Henry IV part 2, which with ‘covert enmity / Under the smile of safety wounds the world’?
- In exploring each little question raised by the events in Dallas (including many that are settled, in the eyes of every serious scholar), Stone seeks out the most abstrusely nefarious explanation possible…
- He contrived to preserve, in the most abstrusely philosophical of these writings, a simplicity and clarity which, although they have not commended him to professional metaphysicians, make his attitude to the problems of metaphysics extremely intelligible. Thomas Henry Huxley; A Sketch Of His Life And Work
- A day's journey by tonga matures acquaintanceships wonderfully," he observed abstrusely. The Bronze Bell
- Especially in time of stress, of war or social unrest, men have felt a certain callousness about the interests of the abstrusely remote scholar. Human Traits and their Social Significance
- the professor's abstrusely reasoned theories were wasted on his students