- an abstract genre of art; artistic content depends on internal form rather than pictorial representation
How To Use abstract art In A Sentence
- Just when she had decided that he didn't like abstract art, he stopped in front of a large, free-form wood sculpture. WHERE THE HEART IS
- One of the reasons is, I think, that there was a kind of tension between abstract art and decoration.
- Pop art directly challenged what was increasingly seen as abstract art's esoteric retreat from the world.
- Kandinsky seeks to establish pure aesthetics through abstract art.
- Their work was seminal in the development of abstract art generally and the Expressionist movement particularly.
- Living downstairs is Brian, an abstract artist with some truly disturbing experimental techniques.
- Though the modern art movements of impressionism, cubism, expressionism and abstract art have influenced urban art, what we see is not a made-in-India version of Western art.
- And this museum, previously named the Museum of Non-Objective Art, was championing abstract art as early as the 1930s.
- David Tindle recounts: Minton was further exacerbated by the groundswell of interest in abstract art forming at this time.
- Aesthetically, it recalls the jagged, fragmented abstract art of the Italian Futurists, Russia's Suprematists and Constructivists, and Vorticist Wyndham Lewis.