having power or capacity or tendency to absorb or soak up something (liquids or energy etc.)
as absorbent as a sponge
How To Use absorptive In A Sentence
- Otherwise, the absorptiveness of eggplant can be reduced by collapsing its spongy structure before frying. On Food and Cooking, The Science and Lore of the Kitchen
- © 2005, 2001 by Mosby, Inc. Differential Diagnosis Hypomagnesemia insufficient intake (artificial feeding) infantile diarrhea, stearrhea hereditary magnesium malabsorptive defect blood magnesium is below 0.58 mmol / l treatment with magnesium can stop the seizures. Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- By contrast, the floor of pine forests was covered thinly by needles, and had much less absorptive capacity.
- The major problem that many African countries are facing is what they call absorptive capacity. CNN Transcript Jun 10, 2006
- Absorptive aqueous of indigo by activated carbon fiber ( ACF ) was studied.
- Instead, the composition is one of molten plastic and flax, an agriproduct that is not biodegradable, and thus doesn't have the absorptive capabilities of wood.
- Specialty absorptives are unitized, multilayered dressings that consist of highly absorptive layers of fibers, such as absorbent cellulose, cotton, or rayon.
- 64 TOM SWIFT AND HIS FLYING LAB dark, "Tom continued, as if visualizing the complete invention," but I'm going to try constructing a photometer with nonabsorptive prisms. Tom Swift Jr And His Flying Lab
- According to Harold McGee, America’s preeminent food scientist, the absorptiveness of eggplant can be reduced by collapsing its spongy structure before frying. Recipe for Eggplant Clafoutis (Κλαφουτί με Μελιτζάνες)
- The handsome but understated counters are nonabsorptive and are oiled every few months, Mr. Levine said. Post-gazette.com - News