- a member of the Circassian people who live to the east of the Black Sea
- Circassian people living east of the Black Sea
How To Use Abkhas In A Sentence
- Instead, the thin sandy developments defining the sequence boundaries suggest sandy sabkhas and sand sheets supplied by this undersaturated wind system and only preserved as a consequence of renewed lake-level rise.
- There is strong sedimentological evidence that the evaporites were precipitated in sabkhas or desert salt lakes.
- In some deserts, salty flats or ephemeral lakes or playas with marginal sabkhas occur.
- Playas (salinas in South America; sabkhas or sebkhas in Africa) are found in closed interior basins, or bolsons, in arid regions.
- Such relationships can be understood if it is recognized that aggradation of the lake deposits and sabkhas was contemporaneous with deflation of subaerial dunes during episodes of generally rising lake level.