[ UK /ɐbˈeɪs/ ]
cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of
He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss
How To Use abase In A Sentence
- The method enhances data recoverability in keyed database records.
- Happily, some men want not to abase towards Mecca five times in every day...' A battery of winds sprang up. SOMEWHERE EAST OF LIFE
- They spent many hours searching in commercial databases, looking for abstracts and full-text articles.
- The software is also a great customization solution for those who would like to alter the look and feel of the Finder, Dock and login window, making it easy to prebind and re-prebind their entire system or selected folders, run cron scripts, change startup mode and language, force empty trash, update "whatis," locate databases, and so on. Softpedia News - Global
- Object Relational Mapping was created to abstract details of the underlying database from the Java object model.
- This table is comparable to the adjacency database used by OSPF. There is a neighbor table for each protocol that EIGRP supports.
- Tables of lexicographers and of the group memberships of lexicographers are created and maintained by the database administrator.
- This object is an interface between your module and the database, and it performs the query.
- First, that the agent of abasement shifts from George the indigene sovereign to the "Sons of Belial. The State of Things: Olaudah Equiano and the Volatile Politics of Heterocosmic Desire
- We developed a customization of the software that allows people to view the data directly from the database.