[ US /ˌeɪˌbiˈeɪ/ ]
[ UK /ɐbˈæ/ ]
[ UK /ɐbˈæ/ ]
- a fabric woven from goat hair and camel hair
- a loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth; worn by Arabs
How To Use aba In A Sentence
- The method enhances data recoverability in keyed database records.
- The new taxon is named Gamerabaena, and the authors note, under etymology, "'Gamera refers to the fictional, firebreathing turtle from the 1965 movie Gamera, in allusion to his fire-breathing capabilities and the Hell Creek Formation ... "Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done."
- He seemed a little taken aback, sat and listened with fur bristling, one hand stroking the back of the other.
- This contact of his had passed on to him a list of slightly disreputable jewelers and watchmakers in the area, on which I was rather impressed and a bit taken aback to find my appearance.
- Upstairs were the bedrooms; mother-and-fathers room the largest; a smaller room for one or two sons, another for one or two daughters; each of these rooms containing a double bed, a washstand, a bureau, a wardrobe, a little table, a rocking-chair, and often a chair or two that had been slightly damaged downstairs, but not enough to justify either the expense of repair or decisive abandonment in the attic. Chapter 1
- Naa, Mr. Penrose, yo 'preachers talk abaat th' Cross, and it's o 'reet that yo' should; but yo 'cannot blame me for talkin' abaat my flute, con yo ', when it's bin my salvation? Lancashire Idylls (1898)
- The dyes are in the form of a suspension of particles which, for reasons not fully understood, are adsorbed onto the surface of ligno-cellulosic fibres such as sisal, abaca and fique. Chapter 8
- One could argue that such a missile defence system would bring about the abandonment of ballistic missiles as strategic weapons.
- Not only by the immense number of adherents that were won to his views during his lifetime, but also by the literary productions he left behind him, Tsong K'aba's influence has been great during the last five centuries of Tibetan history. With the Tibetans in Tent and Temple: Narrative of Four Years' Residence on the Tibetan Borders, and of a Journey into the Far Interior
- The affair isn't the thing that makes me believe he needs to be removed from office – it's the monumental lack of judgment he displayed in abandoning his states and his duties as governor. Sanford should stay, two top South Carolina papers say