to a very great degree or extent
this would help a great deal
she was very much interested
I feel a lot better
we enjoyed ourselves very much
How To Use a lot In A Sentence
- A lot of people moaned about the parking problems.
- A lot of schools don't really encourage team sports .
- A lot of them were marked, or born wrong, or crooked, or scabious, looking for help from the Nazarene, for some panacea. A ROOMFUL OF BIRDS - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES 1990
- A lot of human nature can be traced to instinctive behaviors evolved in harder times. ProWomanProLife » Why am I so skeptical?
- We had a gam one day, on this voyage, with a Yankee whale-ship, and a first-rate gam it was, for, as the Yankee had gammed three days before with another English ship, we got a lot of news second-hand; and, as we had not seen a new face for many months, we felt towards those Yankees like brothers, and swallowed all they had to tell us like men starving for news. Fighting the Whales
- Tre is going to be on suntan lotion duty quite a lot on the cruise. The Sun
- Having drop-dead gorgeous, private, windowed offices makes it a lot easier to recruit the kinds of superstars that produce ten times as much as the merely brilliant software developers.
- It's not because I'm worried about what they might think, or anything ridiculous like that, it's because in a lot of cases this material was intended for me alone - either through an oral tradition or as a gnostic revelation from the spirits.
- They've updated a lot of the entries in the most recent edition of the encyclopaedia.
- The recession blindsided a lot of lawyers who had previously taken for granted their comfortable income.