- a menu having individual dishes listed with separate prices
by ordering items listed individually on a menu
we ate a la carte
- (of a restaurant meal) having unlimited choices with a separate price for each item
How To Use a la carte In A Sentence
- * More than half of the bundled textbooks surveyed (55 percent) were not available for students to purchase a la carte, in which the textbook is available without the add-on materials. States passing laws on textbook pricing practices
- The a la carte menu's gone and she now serves traditional, home-cooked grub.
- It can be had a la carte or as part of a combo plate combining the several foods that most of the individual vendors offer.
- The a la carte option is opposed by the U.S. cable industry and would require government intercession.
- The restaurant offers both table d'hote and a la carte.
- Very soon he will put versions of Escoffier-era classics like sole Veronique and lamb en cocotte on the à la carte menu.
- There is an excellent a la carte restaurant for hotel residents.
- A heap of mashed potatoes comes with it, although I enjoyed mine with à la carte side dishes of lemon-and-garlic-flavored rapini and tiny Brussels sprouts mixed with candied pecans.
- There's also an à la carte lunch, which includes fat, handmade udon noodles and artful versions of donburi, a traditional dish consisting of rice, seaweed, and, when I tried it, a topping of salmon roe and the freshest maguro tuna.
- Each addition to the bangle is a la carte, so you can stay within your budget. Examiner National Edition Articles