to a very great degree or extent
this would help a great deal
she was very much interested
I feel a lot better
we enjoyed ourselves very much
frequently or in great quantities
I don't drink much
I don't travel much
How To Use a great deal In A Sentence
- A great deal of the nudge-nudge wink-wink routine by the young upwardly mobile male executives was the usual response to her presence.
- Neither of them sugar-coat the ups and down of working in the industry, but they will open your eyes a great deal about the false assumptions that you're making.
- Epsom showed a great deal of heart considering their lowly league position but there are days when courage counts for naught and this was one of them.
- She owes a great deal to her. Times, Sunday Times
- There is a great deal of feeling and perhaps some bitterness, but do you not all agree with me that it is quite possible, since there is a fashion of armament in Europe, and since there has been no withdrawal on the part of the Admiralty from the stand taken by the First Lord some months ago, to have the entire Canadian people approach this situation in a calm and in an impartial manner? Canada and the Empire
- Your behaviour has occasioned us a great deal of anxiety.
- A great deal of whiskey is made in Scotland.
- Instead a great deal of difficult negotiation ensued. ELIZABETH AND MARY: Cousins, Rivals, Queens
- It makes data generators, multimeters and oscilloscopes, as well as semiconductors, optoelectronic components and RF chip sets - all very complex products that require a great deal of customization for individual customers.
- If this approach has a drawback, it is that the zealous pursuit of the founding principle—disinterring the buried life, stamped under the sod by conniving male partners—sometimes obscures the fact that not a great deal gets added to the wider cultural landscape it is bent on illuminating. A Far From Model Marriage